Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Sixth Grade

Today I was in a sixth grade class at the International School in Zug. It was a lot of fun and I have learned a lot too. We are going back tomorrow bright and early. I need to get ready for bed, but I wanted to make an entry really quickly. I'll probably write more about today sometime tomorrow. I've added a few more pics to flickr. Thanks for all of the comments. You guys are awesome! :)

Things that surprise me about Switzerland...
1. It's more beautiful than I could have imagined
2. There's so much to do
3. How good the food is
4. They speak Swiss German as opposed to High German (spoken by people in Germany)
5. The number of flies and mosquitoes
6. How hot it gets in the afternoon (about 80)
7. The number of people who continue speaking to me in German even though they know I don't speak it
8. There are not very many Americans here.
9. How hard it is to read a map in German.
10. How easy it is to travel around the country
11. How beautiful the gardens are.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I don't know why my last comment didn't post, but I am reading and enjoying your blog. Looks beautiful! As much as I love Canada, I'm sure I'd love it.
Sounds like you are gleaning some great experiences to share with your future students. Great pics!
Looking forward to more and hearing more about your adventure.

Christi Mowery said...

Rachel,
I am not sure how to find more pics on flickr?
I am telling lots of my friends about reading your blog so you may notice some new names in your comments sections.
Have a great week!!

Anonymous said...

hey rachel!
i've tried to post a couple of times but i'm not sure they did anywho,i was just gonna say that it sounds like you are learning so much! i want you to be my childrens teacher ha ha! but seriously! anywho, i look forward to reading more!
still lifting you up,
bridgette <><

Anonymous said...

Rachel, you continue to amaze me with your desire to incorporate all that you are seeing and learning to when you will be a teacher! I have no doubt that you will be the most awesome teacher in the world!!! Your pictures and experiences are awesome!!!! My love, Malinn

Rachel said...

Aww...thanks guys! I love y'all so much!