Sunday, May 27, 2007

Divonne Market

Today we went to a French market in Divonne on the border of Switzerland and France. It was so cool. I bought quite a few things--soap, honey, lemon cookies, and tea. I also bought lunch and an apple crumble dessert. It was a lot of fun. After the market we caught the train to come back to Lucerne. We are "home" again at Hotel Felmis where we had a lovely dinner of Sweet and Sour chicken. They have spoiled us here with three course dinners every night. We have to get up early tomorrow because we're going to Bern tomorrow.

I didn't realize how weird it was for us to be eating like that until everyone who passed us was laughing at us. Granted, Kacy and Alyssa were eating tiny chickens with their hands, and I was eating out of a bag. Probably looked pretty funny.

Kacy eating her chicken.
Alyssa enjoying her watermelon. Stinky cheese man? This picture is for you, Dad. Let me just say that cheese smells really bad. Now I know why they say, "Who cut the cheese?"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachel - your independence, your maturity, and all the awesome experiences you are having is amazing!!! You are truly an amazing young woman!!!! I am sooo happy for you!

My love, Malinn
PS - I love being able to follow your trip through this blog!

marc duncan said...

It all looks great. I hope to see you Friday but I am sure you are not ready to come home!

Rachel said...

Malinn, thank you very much! You are so sweet!
Dad, maybe I'm not ready to come back, but that just means we all need to come again. I have found the best places to go so I can be the tour guide. :)

Anonymous said...

I love how you mentioned my not liking vegetables. Just in case everyone in the world doesn't know yet (which is crazy--I feel like I talk about it all the time!)

Rachel said...

LOL. I just wanted to make sure they all knew. Then you won't have to tell them anymore.