Monday, May 21, 2007

The past 3 days

Sorry it has been a few days since I've been able to write or put up a few pictures. I'll try to cram in the last 4 days on here so bear with me
Saturday
First we went to the market in Lucerne. It was wonderful. There were fresh fruits and veggies, flowers galore, bread, and more. Kacy and I split some strawberries. I also bought a chocolate pastry (delicious!) and a pretzel with rosemary on it. Everything was soooo good. I loved it! I really want to go back, but I don't think we will be able to. After the market we got on the bus and then a train to go to Engelberg. The train ride was beautiful. When we got to Engelberg we walked around for awhile then decided to go up to Mount Titlis. It took a couple of cable cars to get there, but it was totally worth it. I have quite a few pictures here from the trip.
The best strawberries ever!

Kacy and I on the top of Mt. Titlis



View from the Ice Flyer

View from the train
Sunday
We took a train to the third biggest city in Switzerland-Basel. We didn't have a whole lot of time, but we went to this museum Fondition Beyler, which is a modern art museum. Their current exhibit is Edward Munch, who is most widely known for the painting "The Scream." You know, the one with the ghost looking man with his mouth open and his hands on his cheeks. We also saw Picasso, Matisse, and Monet. It was a lot of fun. I learned some Swiss German vocabulary words from looking at the paintings and trying to figure out what the titles said. After we went to the museum, we ate lunch and then visited a church in town. It was called the Elisabethan Church. Kacy and I climbed countless stairs to the top of the bell tower where we could see the whole city. It was really cool. After that we caught the train and then the bus back home. I think we might go back to Basel on our last free day.

Poster for Edward MunchMe outside of the museum

Elisabethan church
Me on our way up to the top. It was very tight in there.
View from the top of the bell tower Today-Monday
We went to the International School of Luzern today. It is the most beautiful school I have ever seen. I love it! I got to work with the 3, 4, and 5th graders. My buddy was Anna, and she is adorable. After school we tried to go to the Glass Factory in Hegerswil, but it was closed by the time we got there so we are going to go another day. Here are some more pictures of the school.

The back of the school/Chateau

Me in awe.
Sorry that was so long. Also, I responded to your comments from a few days ago. Thanks for those!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to see your latest blog. It all looks great.

Love Dad.

Anonymous said...

Rachel, I am LOVING reading your adventures and seeing your awesome pictures! You look so adorable!!! (of course - I'm totally objective!) Your trip sounds incredible!!!! I'm so happy for you!

My love! Malinn

Anonymous said...

Pictures are lovely. I am really enjoying your blog.
Love you
Nana

Christi Mowery said...

Rachel, it looks as though it way exceeded your expectations. This is so wonderful that you created this blog. What a wonderful memory.
IT is so neat that we can see what you are doing soon after it happens. The weather looks gorgeous. Thanks for the notes and photos.
We love you and miss you.
Mom

Anonymous said...

so basically i think that church is stinkin' sweet!! glad ur doing good and havin' fun! bridgette

Rachel said...

Thanks for all of the comments. Love you guys! I'm having a lot of fun. I was at the school today and will be there tomorrow too. Hopefully, I will have a chance to write a post tomorrow. I put more pictures on flickr. You can click the little picture box the right to see them.