Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I don't think the Europeans got the memo...

So many people here smoke! It's amazing! They're all about being environmentally friendly, but they're not environmentally friendly to their own bodies. Not to mention, their cigarette butts cause tons of trash. Everywhere we have gone in Europe we have noticed this problem. I think the Brits are the best about it because it is not allowed in most pubs and restaurants. We end up sitting inside at a lot of restaurants because we don't want to smell smoke while we're eating. Today I saw a mother with her three year old. She had a cigarette in one hand and in the other her child's chicken nugget. She would take a puff of the cigarette, and then blow on her daughter's chicken nugget trying to cool it off for the little girl to eat. It was unbelieveable!

Other than that, we had a wonderful day exploring Prague! We just got back from a great Jazz club in Old Town Square. It's late so I'll write more tomorrow!

Love to all!

1 comment:

fritz said...

remeber Ireland was totally smoke free. Europeans smoke alot. I'm sure Lola missses you. sorry I missed your call the other day. be careful. love fritz